Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) + 3500 Dollars Sign On-Bonus
Assistant Director of Nursing Services
Ontario Center is actively seeking an experienced Assistant Director of Nursing Services for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Canandaigua, NY. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a long term care setting, and experience in training and leading clinical staff. Premium compensation and comprehensive benefits package provided. A current New York RN license is required.
Now Offering $3,500 Sign On-Bonus!!!
- Assist the DNS with management responsibilities and in maintaining the quality of care
- Responsible for Wound/Skin Rounds weekly
- Assist with compliance and ensure effective communication with all levels of nursing staff
- Meet the nursing medical needs of all residents
- 24 hour on call
- Coordinate and direct the total planning for nursing services
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory and practice
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of medical records
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and orienting of new nursing staff
- Oversee daily staffing process
- Maintain flexibility with work schedule to address unpredictable needs
- Current New York RN license required
- Min. 3 yrs. exp. in Long-Term Care settings
- 2 years of management experience preferred
- 1-year staff education experience preferred
- Excellent Communication Skills required
- Evidence of basic leadership skills and supervision
- Flexible hours required
Ontario Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a long-term care facility that provides the highest possible quality of care and quality of life for all Health Facility residents. The facility provides a versatile nursing-home environment that encourages creativity among residents, managers, and staff. In addition to the emphasis on individuality and self-determination, the nursing home is viewed as home as much as a medical institution, with the residents’ psychosocial needs deserving a prominence at least equal to their medical condition. At Ontario Center, we offer a friendly working environment, excellent compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs and more.