Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
Assistant Director of Nursing Services - ADON
Steuben Center is actively seeking an Experienced ADNS/ADON for our Skilled Nursing Facility. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a Long Term Care setting, and experience in training and leading clinical staff. Premium compensation & comprehensive benefits package provided.
Do you have a passion for making a difference? Are you looking for a stimulating, yet rewarding job? Steuben Center is committed to our community, to our residents, and to our employees. If you are ready to become part of the journey in changing lives, then what are you waiting for? Apply today and come out and join the team!
- Assist the DNS with management responsibilities and in maintaining quality of care
- Responsible for Wound/Skin Rounds weekly
- Assist with compliance and ensure effective communication with all levels of nursing staff
- Meet the nursing medical needs of all residents
- On call responsibilities
- Coordinate and direct the total planning for nursing services
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory and practice
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of medical records
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and orienting of new nursing staff
- Oversee daily staffing process
- Maintain flexibility with work schedule to address unpredictable needs
- Current New York RN license required
- Min. 3 yrs. exp. in Long-Term Care settings
- 2 years management experience preferred
- 1 year staff education experience preferred
- Excellent Communication Skills required
- Evidence of basic leadership skills and supervision
- Flexible hours required
Steuben Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare has been the provider of long-term care services in Steuben County since 1834. Formerly known as "The Infirmary" the facility is located in the county seat of Steuben County, nestled between Bath and Hammondsport. The focus of care is to provide quality health care with respect for the individual's dignity in a homelike environment utilizing the collective talents of those who live, work, and visit the facility. At Steuben Center, we offer a friendly and warm working environment, premium compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs, and more. Steuben Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.