Physical Therapist Weekends Per-Diem
Richmond Center seeks a Physical Therapist to work Weekends Per-Diem for our 300-bed Skilled Nursing Facility in Staten Island, NY. The ideal candidate WILL have LTC/SNF experience.
- The Physical Therapist evaluates Residents, develops and administers therapy plans to; manage their conditions, prevent further disabilities, and achieve long-term health benefits.
- The primary focus is to promote movements, reduce pain, and prevent disability through exercise therapy, manual therapy and other techniques
PT Duties Include:
- PT evaluates a Resident’s condition and develop an appropriate rehabilitation plan
- Help Residents to improve their mobility
- Relieve Resident’s pain using exercises, hands-on therapy, stretching, and physical therapy devices
- Teach Residents how to use physical therapy equipment
- Help Residents through their tasks and monitor their performance
- Tell Residents what they should anticipate in different stages of their recovery and how to handle each situation
- Maintain Resident confidence and protects facility operations by keeping information confidential
- Supervise the activities of physical therapy assistants
- Maintain safe and clean working environment
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements
- Contribute to inter-disciplinary team effort
PT Requirements Include:
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program
- MUST Hold a valid NY state Physical Therapist License
- Experience in long-term care / sub-acute/ SNF setting required
Richmond Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 300-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the borough of Staten Island. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his/her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Richmond Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.