Psychiatric - Nurse Practitioner
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Centers Health Care is actively seeking to hire a Nurse Practitioner to work with residents who require Psychiatric care for our Skilled Nursing Facilities.
Excellent Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits Package provided!
Room for growth!!
Candidates should have a thorough knowledge of psychopathology and its treatment; models of behavior change/management; psychotherapeutic processes and modalities; cognitive and personality factors; a broad range of psychological evaluative procedures and instruments available for diagnostic and treatment planning purposes; and be a licensed Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
DUTIES and REQUIREMENTS:
- Assuring delivery of quality care services to all patients in a respectful and professional manner
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Health Promotion and Maintenance, Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Informing Others, Medical Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering Medication, Pain Management, Self-Development