Registered Dietitian Part Time
Registered Dietitian Part-Time
Suffolk Center is actively seeking a Registered Dietitian to work Part-Time 8-16 hrs/wk for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Patchogue, NY. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Dietetics or Nutrition.
Must have Nursing Home Experience!!!
Schedule: The ideal candidate will have the ability to come in 1 to 2 days or evenings a week, and flexibility to provide vacation coverage. Daytime coverage will be as needed.
- Assess / Monitor the Residents' nutritional status, provide recommendations to medical staff, and develop adequate care plans
- Evaluate special needs of Residents regarding nutrition support, skin breakdown, and significant weight issues
- Coordinate procurement of nutrition support supplies and oral supplements with outside vendors as well as involved department heads
- Monitor Resident meal service to ensure diet modifications are followed
- Educate Residents, families, and staff in concepts of nutrition & diet modification
- Routinely evaluate Dietary Care plans for effectiveness to ensure high quality of care
- Meet weekly with an interdisciplinary team to review and adjust residents’ plan of care
- Work closely with Speech-Language Pathologist to ensure appropriate mechanically altered diets are provided for residents with dysphagia
- Reviewing all menu changes to ensure they follow the facility’s policies/procedures & State/Federal guidelines
- Update diet order and menu changes in computer menu software on a daily basis
- Supervising & working closely with the dietary team to provide excellent Resident care
- Conduct audits of areas relevant to providing quality nutrition care on a routine basis
- Ensure the facility is in compliance with regulations and policies on weight monitoring
- Communicate with an interdisciplinary team on a daily basis to provide quality care to Residents
- Must be a Registered Dietitian!
- Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics
- Must have nursing home experience
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal guidelines
- Computer literacy and proficiency with EMR software and computer-based menu systems
Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a premiere 120-bed facility offering unparalleled medical care to our residents, with specialized programs in long term care, short term care and Wound Care. Our dedicated short term rehabilitation program offers residents the specialized care they need in order to maximize their potential and return home.