Registered Dietitian Part Time
Steuben Center is actively seeking a Part Time Registered Dietitian for our Skilled Nursing Facility. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Dietetics or Nutrition, and have prior supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
- Assess / Monitor the Residents' nutritional status, provide recommendations to medical staff, and develop adequate care plans.
- Evaluate special needs of Residents regarding nutrition support, skin breakdown, and significant weight issues.
- Coordinate procurement of nutrition support supplies and oral supplements with outside vendors as well as involved department heads.
- Monitor Resident meal service to ensure diet modifications are followed.
- Educate Residents, families and staff in concepts of nutrition & diet modification.
- Routinely evaluate Dietary Care plans for effectiveness to ensure high quality of care.
- Meet weekly with interdisciplinary team to review and adjust residents’ plan of care.
- Work closely with Speech-Language Pathologist to ensure appropriate mechanically altered diets are provided for residents with dysphagia.
- Reviewing all menu changes to ensure they follow facility’s policies/procedures & State/Federal guidelines.
- Update diet order and menu changes in computer menu software on a daily basis.
- Supervising & working closely with the dietary team to provide excellent Resident care.
- Conduct audits of areas relevant to providing quality nutrition care on a routine basis.
- Ensure facility is in compliance with regulations and policies on weight monitoring.
- Communicate with interdisciplinary team on a daily basis to provide quality care to Residents.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian.
- Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics.
- Supervisory experience in healthcare settings.
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with EMR software and computer-based menu systems.
Steuben Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare has been the provider of long-term care services in Steuben County since 1834. Formerly known as "The Infirmary" the facility is located in the county seat of Steuben County, nestled between Bath and Hammondsport. The focus of care is to provide quality health care with respect for the individual's dignity in a homelike environment utilizing the collective talents of those who live, work and visit the facility. At Steuben Center, we offer a friendly and warm working environment, premium compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs, and more.