Resident Service Aide
Resident Service Aide
Albany Center for Independent Living is actively seeking Resident Service Aide to work for our Adult Home in Delmar, NY.
COMPLETES ALL OTHER INHERENT AND LOGICAL TASKS AND THOSE ASSIGNED BY THE IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR.
- Report all changes in the elder’s condition to the administrator as soon as practical.
- Follow work assignments and schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as calm environment throughout the unit, facility and shift.
- Keep incontinent residents clean and dry.
- Assist residents in preparing for activity and social programs.
- Assist in transporting residents.
- Check residents routinely to assure that their personal care needs are being met.
- Practice proper infection control procedures when performing any service for the residents.
- Use only the equipment you have been trained to use.
- Assist residents with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, and oral hygiene.
- Assist residents with taking medications and document as outlined in the policy manual (refer to med tech job description for more detail)
- Assist with personal laundry for residents.
- Assist residents in getting to meals and monitoring residents at mealtime.
- Pass out meals in dining room and pour beverages.
- Remind residents of physician appointments; accompany as needed.
- Monitor resident’s whereabouts.
- Make beds/tidy rooms.
- Light housekeeping of resident’s rooms, as needed.
- Interact with residents spontaneously and in planned activities.
- Performance of other duties assigned directly by your supervisor.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Post high school course work in medical services or college degree preferred
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Possess the ability to deal graciously with personnel resident’s family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as being willing to handle elders based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must have some understanding of social, psychological and recreational needs of the aged.
- Must have a sincere desire to work with the aged.
- Willingness to work harmoniously with other associates.
- Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
- Must complete facilities internal 40-hour orientation training