Richmond Center is actively seeking a Respiratory Therapist for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Staten Island, NY.
- Interviewing & examining Residents regarding their respiratory ailments
- Diagnosing respiratory ailments & testing Resident lung capacities
- Examining test results and identifying issues
- Removing mucus and other fluids from Resident’s lungs
- Clearing Residents’ airways of physical obstructions
- Educating Residents on lung health and disease prevention
- Instructing Residents on the proper use of equipment & or respiratory care procedures.
- Providing emergency resuscitation in cases of ceased breathing
- Determining Resident treatment plans with supervising physician
- Comply with all required safety and infection control procedures.
- Demonstrate respect for Resident's beliefs and property.
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy.
- Respiratory care experience preferred.
- Current and valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and communication skill
Staten Island, NY
Richmond Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 300-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the borough of Staten Island. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his/her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Richmond Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.