Boro Park Center is actively seeking a Respiratory Therapist for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Brooklyn, NY.
- Interviewing & examining Residents regarding their respiratory ailments
- Diagnosing respiratory ailments & testing Resident lung capacities
- Examining test results and identifying issues
- Removing mucus and other fluids from Resident’s lungs
- Clearing Residents’ airways of physical obstructions
- Educating Residents on lung health and disease prevention
- Instructing Residents on the proper use of equipment & or respiratory care procedures.
- Providing emergency resuscitation in cases of ceased breathing
- Determining Resident treatment plans with supervising physician
- Comply with all required safety and infection control procedures.
- Demonstrate respect for Resident's beliefs and property.
- A graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy.
- Respiratory care experience preferred.
- Current and valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision making skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and communication skill
Boro Park Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 504-bed rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Facility in the heart of the Boro Park section of Brooklyn. Our warm and nurturing environment allows each resident to maintain his or Rehabilitation and Healthcare, healthier, happier, and most of all, with the tools to succeed. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resider her individuality. We want all residents to leave the Boro Park Center font’s dignity and independence. Boro Park Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.