Temporary Director of Recreation/Activities
Director of Activites/Recreation
Onondaga Center is actively looking to hire a Director of Activities/Recreation to work temporarily for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Minoa, NY.
The Director of Activities/Recreation plans individual and group recreation services, both therapeutic and general, supervises recreation assistants and volunteers. The Director of Activities/Recreation will be responsible for developing, implementing and supervising a full scope of recreation services in the nursing home to stimulate customers to have fuller and richer lives.
- Responsible for developing, implementing & supervising all recreational services.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing the recreational budget.
- Plans for individual and group recreation services, both therapeutic and general.
- Responsible for creating exciting & therapeutic recreation programs.
- Directly supervises all recreation assistants and volunteers.
- Responsible for all necessary documentation.
- Provide and monitor individual guidance and motivation to employees.
- Member of the interdisciplinary & management teams.
- Plans a monthly resident council meeting (and any other resident committees such as food committee) and is the staff liaison for the resident council president and other resident executive committee members.
- Takes minutes of meetings and ensures that all resident concerns are addressed.
- Coordinates community grassroots programming and serves as facility representative at local events.
- Responsible for maintaining a bi-monthly newsletter and maintaining facility social media program (Facebook).
- Must have recreation experience working in a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Previous Recreation Director Experience or Licensed Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Must enjoy working with the senior population