Centers Laboratory of New Jersey is actively seeking Accessioners for our Laboratory in Cedar Knolls, NJ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accurate processing of patient specimens including receipt and data entry into the Laboratory Information System.
- Match information on the test requisition with information on the collection vial for accuracy.
- Able to communicate and follow up pertinent information to all section of the laboratory
- Accession multiple types of specimens including blood, urine, swabs, body fluids, etc.
- Labels specimens and transports to the laboratory sections to be tested.
- Ensures proper and complete patient identification on requisitions and specimen labels.
- Properly handles ambient, refrigerated, and frozen specimens.
- Prepares specimens for delivery.
- Aliquots specimens, ensuring proper labeling and properly operates centrifuges.
- Completes required training courses such as Safety and HIPAA in a timely manner.
- Archive and file all paperwork
- Perform clerical and administrative duties as needed
- Assist laboratory staff in daily activities or additional duties as delegated.
- Assures customer privacy is maintained at all times.
- Rejects incorrect or inappropriate specimens.
- Prepares specimens for referral testing when needed.
- Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
- Professional in dealing with client, customer, and co-worker.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Proficiency in Medical Terminology, a plus.
- Working knowledge of PC applications required.
- Previous related experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and perform repetitive motion (keyboard)
- Proficient visual and audio skills
- May include lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects
Cedar Knolls, NJ