Nursing Home Recreation Aide
Suffolk Center is seeking energetic & passionate Recreation Aides for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Patchogue, NY. MUST have prior long term care experience.
Full-Time and Part-Time available.
- Implement activities programs for Residents; focus on individual interests
- Work directly with Residents on units; without direct supervision
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures
- Positive attitude and energy is a must!
- MUST have prior long term care experience.
- Previous experience with geriatric population preferred
- Strong computer skills necessary
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational & planning skills; ability to multi-task
- Saturday 1:00-9:00 PM
- Sunday 1:00-9:00 PM
- Monday 3:30-9:00PM
- Tuesday 3:30-9:00 PM
- Wednesday 3:30-9:00 PM
Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a premier 120-bed facility offering unparalleled medical care to our residents, with specialized programs in long term care, short term care and Wound Care. Our dedicated short term rehabilitation program offers residents the specialized care they need in order to maximize their potential and return home. Suffolk Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.