Nursing Home Activities Aide
Troy Center is seeking energetic & passionate Activities Aides for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Troy, NY.
- Provide assistance to the Activities Director.
- Implement activities programs for Residents; focus on individual interests.
- Work directly with Residents on units; without direct supervision.
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested.
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed.
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities.
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units.
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures.
- Exp. with activities in a healthcare setting or college work in recreation therapy.
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience with the geriatric population preferred.
- Strong computer skills are necessary.
- A positive attitude and energy are a must!!
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Strong organizational & planning skills; ability to multi-task.
- Some weekends required.
- Dementia experience preferred.
Troy Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is an 80-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the South Troy section of the city, minutes away from the eastern bank of the Hudson River. It’s a homey, welcoming, well-maintained facility, providing a warm and nurturing environment. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier and happier. We want all residents to leave Troy Center with dignity and independence. Troy Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.