Nursing Home Recreation Aide
Ontario Center is seeking an energetic & passionate Recreation Aide to work for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Canandaigua, NY. All candidates must have prior long-term care experience.
- Implement activities programs for Residents; focus on individual interests
- Work directly with Residents on units; without direct supervision
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures
- Positive attitude and energy is a must!
- MUST have prior long-term care experience.
- Previous experience with a geriatric population preferred
- Strong computer skills necessary
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational & planning skills; ability to multi-task
Ontario Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a long-term care facility that provides the highest possible quality of care and quality of life for all Health Facility residents. The facility provides a versatile nursing home environment that encourages creativity among residents, managers, and staff. In addition to an emphasis on individuality and self-determination, the nursing home is viewed as home as much as a medical institution, with the residents’ psychosocial needs deserving a prominence at least equal to their medical condition. At Ontario Center, we offer a friendly working environment, excellent compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs, and more. Ontario Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.