Nursing Home Activities Aide
Warren Center is seeking an energetic & passionate Activities Aide for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Queensbury, NY.
$1,000 Sign on Bonus!!!
Must be able to work weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Implement activities programs for Residents; focus on individual interests
- Work directly with Residents on units; without direct supervision
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures
- A positive attitude and energy are a must!
- Must have flexible hours to work nights and weekends
- Experience with activities in a healthcare setting or college work in recreation therapy
- Previous experience with a geriatric population preferred
- Strong computer skills necessary
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational & planning skills; ability to multi-task
- Dementia experience preferred
- some evening and weekend availability required.
Warren Center is an eighty-bed skilled nursing facility located at 42 Gurney Lane. Our facility provides a wide spectrum of nursing care to the residents of Warren County. We provide short-term rehabilitation services to people who cannot immediately return to their homes because of an accident or illness. We also provide long-term care for individuals who are unable to care for themselves. We look at each person from an individual perspective. We then utilize a team approach working with the residents and their families to develop a unique plan of care to meet their needs. Warren Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.