Nursing Home Activities Aide
Cooperstown Center is now hiring an energetic & passionate full-time Activities Aide to work 10AM-6PM with every other weekend 12PM-8PM for our skilled nursing facility in Cooperstown, NY.
- Implement activities programs for residents; focus on individual interests.
- Work directly with residents on units; without direct supervision.
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested.
- Assist recreation specialists and set up program areas as needed.
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities.
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units.
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures.
- Experience with activities in a healthcare setting or college work in recreation therapy
- Previous experience with the geriatric population preferred
- Strong computer skills necessary
- Positive attitude and energy is a must!!
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to multi-task
Cooperstown Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 174-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the heart of the Mohawk Valley and just minutes away from the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. Cooperstown Center is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We’re a community of friends, neighbors, and family living life to the fullest, and we want all residents to leave Cooperstown Center with dignity and independence. Cooperstown Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 989868