Delmar Center is hiring a Activities Aide in Delmar, NY.
- Implement activities programs for residents; focus on individual interests.
- Work directly with residents on units; without direct supervision.
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested.
- Assist recreation specialists and set up program areas as needed.
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities.
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units.
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures.
- Experience with activities in a healthcare setting or college work in recreation therapy
- Previous experience with the geriatric population preferred
- Strong computer skills necessary
- Positive attitude and energy is a must!!
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to multi-task
Delmar Center is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in a quiet residential neighborhood in Delmar, New York, a suburb of Albany. A recognized leader in short-term rehab and long-term care, Delmar Center is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our patients and residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We’re a community of friends, neighbors, and family living life to the fullest. Delmar Center is a proud member of Centers Health Care—the largest post-acute health care network in the Northeast. Delmar Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V