Director of Recreation/Activities
Delmar Center is actively looking to hire a full-time Activities Director for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Delmar, NY. The ideal candidate will have prior Activities Director experience in a Long Term Care setting, an upbeat energetic personality, and be tech-savvy.
- Plans a variety of engaging activity programs for all days of the week (including evenings, weekend and holidays)
- Plans activities that are appropriate to the needs of the residents (includes but are not limited to: small and large group programs, individual pursuits, sensory activities, clubs, special interests, spiritual and religious activities, one to one activities, community outings)
- Prepares a monthly calendar of activities that is posted in prominent areas and provided to every resident
- Prepares a monthly staffing schedule that includes evening and weekend and holiday coverage
- Ensures that all documentation requirements are met. (MDS, assessments, care plans)
- Develops a system to record resident participation/attendance
- Participates in morning meetings, department head meetings, care plan meetings, and any other meeting as directed by the facility administrator
- Orders appropriate supplies and equipment for the department
- Plans a monthly resident council meeting (and any other resident committees such as food committee) and is the staff liaison for the resident council president and other resident executive committee members. Takes meeting minutes and ensures that all resident concerns are addressed
- Organizes and coordinates special community outings with resident interests in mind
- Arranges regular entertainment, parties, seasonal programs, and special events
- Plans and coordinates staff events at the request of the administrator
- Ensures that the facility is appropriately decorated as per the holiday/season
- Supervises the volunteer program for the facility
- Coordinates community grassroots programming and serves as facility representative at local events
- Responsible for maintaining a bi-monthly newsletter and maintaining facility social media program
- Adheres to all facilities and corporate policies.
- Must have activities/recreation experience working in a skilled nursing facility.
- Minimum 2 years of age-appropriate experience with 5 years in a full-time activity program
- Must enjoy working with the senior population
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
Delmar Center is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in a quiet residential neighborhood in Delmar, New York, a suburb of Albany. A recognized leader in short-term rehab and long-term care, Delmar Center is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our patients and residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We’re a community of friends, neighbors, and family living life to the fullest. Delmar Center is a proud member of Centers Health Care-the largest post-acute health care network in the Northeast.