Holliswood Center is hiring a Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)/Wound nurse in Hollis, NY.
- Assist the DNS with management responsibilities and in maintaining the quality of care
- Responsible for oversight of all skin integrity in the facility.
- Responsible for completing skin assessments on new admissions.
- Documents Resident wound progress by charting in Resident & dept. records.
- Protects Residents & staff by adhering to infection-control policies & protocols.
- Responsible for Wound/Skin Rounds weekly
- Assist with compliance and ensure effective communication with all levels of nursing staff
- Meet the nursing medical needs of all residents
- 24 hours on call
- Coordinate and direct the total planning for nursing services
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory and practice
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of medical records
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and orienting of new nursing staff
- Oversee daily staffing process
- infection control
- Maintain flexibility with work schedule to address unpredictable needs
- Current State RN license required
- Min. 3 yrs. exp. in Long-Term Care settings
- 2 years of management experience preferred
- 1-year staff education experience preferred
- Excellent Communication Skills required
- Evidence of basic leadership skills and supervision
- Must be wound and ostomy certified
- Flexible hours required
Holliswood Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 314-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in New York’s beautiful Hollis neighborhood. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Holliswood Center staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life of all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Holliswood Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V