Centers Laboratory of New Jersey is actively seeking an Application Analyst for our Laboratory in Cedar Knolls, NJ!
Position Title: Application Analyst II
Reports to: IT Director
The application analyst works collaboratively with laboratory and IT staff for the efficient day-to-day management and support of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) & Laboratory Information System (LIS) systems. Will be responsible for managing and supporting the design, implementation and optimization of new laboratory IT solutions.
- To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each responsibility competently.
- Serves as a liaison between the laboratory and I.T. to maximize system effectiveness and ensure proper design.
- Responsible for applying software-specific knowledge to assigned projects to ensure proper design, implementation and documentation.
- Plans, organizes and directs the implementation projects for application upgrades and enhancement to existing functionalities.
- Integrates medical technology concepts, principles and techniques with computer skills to develop, monitor and maintain the laboratory information systems.
- Coordinates and implements database changes in EMR application, create new Lab test(s), users, facility/Location records and other application specific database configurations.
- Manage interface queues inbound and outbound from the EMR application.
- Provide support for specimen label printing from the EMR application.
- Designs and generates reports from EMR application, using an application gui interface.
- Perform system audits to ensure quality and accuracy of data
- Manage help desk support related to EMR application issues.
- Perform all responsibilities independently with no direct supervision required
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Experience working with EMR applications
- Preferred if familiar with HL7 data communication standards
- Experience with database configuration within a Health Care application
- Familiarity with database designed and schema
- Experience in data mining, data analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information Systems regulatory requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with all HIPAA regulations
- Demonstrated leadership ability, strength and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Critical thinking with efficient and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team environment that promotes inclusiveness and communication among team members.
- Knowledge of Data communication of protocols.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree in either Information Systems, Computer Science or Medical Technology.
- 2 years of Information Technology related experience
- 2 years of experience in healthcare management systems
Certification and Licensure:
- MT ASCP preferred
- Environmentally controlled laboratory environment
- Fast paced environment with occasional high pressure or emergent situations
- Frequent exposure to body fluids
- Possible exposure to infectious specimens, communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a laboratory environment
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as appropriate such as lab coats, face shields, gloves and masks
- Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team members and other customers
- Frequent standing, walking, grasping, carrying and speaking
- Occasional sitting, reaching, bending and stooping
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed
- Frequent use of computer, keyboard, phone, and copy and fax machine as needed