Assistant Maintenance Director
Assistant Director of Maintenance
Buffalo Center is actively seeking an experienced Assistant Director of Maintenance for our 200-bed Skilled Nursing Facility in Buffalo, NY.
Healthcare Experience Preferred!
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists the Maintenance Director in the maintenance of the physical facility, grounds and all equipment and assists in the coordination of maintenance and all needed repairs, as directed by the Maintenance Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform electrical, plumbing, carpentry, plastering/painting, HVAC, snow removal, general maintenance and other technical tasks. Replace burned out light bulbs or light fixtures, repair hospital beds, replace room call buttons, repair wheelchairs, as well as ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal Life Safety Code and the NFPA laws and regulations.
- Ensure completion of all maintenance and repairs as directed by the Maintenance Director.
- Provide oversight when the Maintenance Director is off on contracted maintenance/repairs to ensure timely completion of services.
- Maintain/provide records of all repairs, preventative maintenance and inspections.
- Ensure all work is done in accordance with company policies, State/Federal & OSHA standards.
- Maintains a safe operating and fire prevention practices.
- In collaboration with the Maintenance Director, allocate resources in an efficient and economic manner to provide services that continuously improve quality.
- Reports to the Director of Maintenance.
- Other Duties as assigned by the Maintenance Director.
- Performs on-call responsibilities in the event of mechanical failure or emergency when Maintenance Director is not available or needs assistance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the fire alarm and nurse call systems, generators and door alarms, fire/disaster drills and emergency preparedness.
- Performs on-call responsibilities for snow removal.
- Conduct periodic inspections and audits of the building and grounds as assigned by the Maintenance Director.
- Maintains outside yard and sidewalks including, trimming raking, salting, shoveling and snow blowing along with the maintenance technicians.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Vocational training in a skilled trade or other relevant training is highly preferred.
- Interact with residents, family members, co-workers, clinical and ancillary staff in a non-judgmental, supportive and calm matter.
- Preferably have a working knowledge of NYS Dept of Health Regulations, OSHA, MSDS, CDS, CMS, NFPA and Life Safety Codes.
- Solid computer skills; working knowledge of MS Office helpful but not required.
- Experience in HVAC, Plumbing, electrical, carpentry and general maintenance.
- Ability to multi-task /stay on task and maintain focus in stressful situations.
- Evidence of basic leadership skills and supervision.
- Strong work ethic, compassion and initiative for quality service for our residents and staff.
- Carries out and follows all facility policies and procedures in regards to operation of the maintenance department.
- Acts appropriately under the direction of the Maintenance Director and acts as part of the interdisciplinary team as directed.
- Experience in maintenance, preferably in a LTC setting.
- Snow removal.
- Must be fully vaccinated.
- Candidate must have good time management skills, have the ability to prioritize work orders and be able to work under little supervision. Must have reliable transportation and must be punctual.
Buffalo Center is a 200-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Buffalo, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life of all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Buffalo Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.