Amazing Home Care is actively seeking motivated and experienced full-time Authorizations Specialists to work closely with a team of health care professionals to help provide care for members enrolled with the agency.
Authorizations Specialists are expected to be professional, detail-oriented, and flexible.
WE WELCOME NEW GRADUATES AS WELL!
Must be bilingual English-Spanish
Must be Vaccinated for COVID-19
- Communicate with insurance companies to obtain authorizations
- Communicate with patients and HHAs regarding services rendered or to be rendered
- Ensure proper file management and implementation of authorized services
- Run and analyze reports to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Data Entry
- Execute miscellaneous tasks relating to patients’ home care and insurance coverage
- Communicate and interact with other departments in a responsible, proactive, and efficient manner
- Maintain effective relations with all agency contacts
- Monitor patient alerts (i.e., hospitalizations, fraud, vacations) and inform care manager of issues as needed to coordinate patient care
- Create and obtain communication notes for prior and present authorizations
- Work positively and favorably with patients, families, and staff
- Ability to work well with a team
- Computer skills and ability to master agency’s software program
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Must be well organized and demonstrate the ability to prioritize job demand
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Bilingual English & Spanish a plus