Ontario Center is actively seeking an experienced Beautician/Hair Dresser to work part-time at our Skilled Nursing Facility in Canandaigua, NY.
- Maintains equipment and parlor in a clean and tidy manner on a daily basis
- Styles hair consistent with residents’ request and preference
- Supplies chemicals to achieve permanents, relaxers, and color in a continuously competent manner
- Promotes a friendly and positive atmosphere in the delivery of beauty parlor services
- Preserves safe environment for residents and staff in the Beauty Shop
- Has knowledge of chemicals and processes used in the service
- Identifies and responds in a timely and sensitive manner to the needs of the residents receiving beauty services
- Maintains beauty parlor log for residents being serviced
- Licensed by the State of New York in cosmetology
- Proof of Liability Insurance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience as a beautician or barber
- Prior experience in a healthcare facility preferred
Ontario Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a long-term care facility that provides the highest possible quality of care and quality of life for all Health Facility residents. The facility provides a versatile nursing-home environment that encourages creativity among residents, managers, and staff. In addition to an emphasis on individuality and self-determination, the nursing home is viewed as a home as much as a medical institution, with the residents’ psychosocial needs deserving a prominence at least equal to their medical condition. At Ontario Center, we offer a friendly working environment, excellent compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs, and more. Ontario Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.