Behavioral Specialist Coordinator
Richmond Center is hiring a Behavior Specialist Coordinator in Staten Island, NY.
Responsible to: Program Director
Purpose of position: To coordinate behavioral services staff deployment and implantation of resident specific behavioral plans/interventions throughout shift to ensure effective and efficient organization of services provided and maintain resident safety.
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in psychology or related field, COTA/L, OTR/L, or exceptional experience in rehabilitation, neurobehavioral issues, and group/individual treatment
- Minimum of one-year experience in a related field or exceptional potential for performance of responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively with other human services professional
- Ability to interact professionally and responsibly with facility residents and staff
- Ability to structure own time and work efficiently
- Ability to adjust work schedule and priorities in response to program development, changes in pace, and/or changes in implementation of services
- Ability to manage and perform a demanding routine in a multi-distracting environment
- Ability to work calmly in a crisis situation and intervene as necessary in a manner that maximizes resident and staff safety
- Responsible for staffing, and assigning behavior specialists to unit and unit specific responsibilities.
- Communicate, and provide assistance for information regarding behavioral services department policies and procedures are carried out effectively
- Communicate, reinforce, and provide assistance for information regarding resident behavioral status or changes to staff
- Coordinate and facilitate behavioral data collection and accurate completion of all resident (behavior) related forms throughout shift
- Communicate coverage needs to Behavioral services director regarding sick call-outs and unplanned program changes such as one to one needs requiring behavioral specialist
- Communicate all emergency use of restraints (includes manual hold)
- Serve as a staff resource for issues related to cognitive retraining, functional performance models, meaningful activity analysis and application, and assessment and remediation of performance components.
- Provide guidance and structure for groups to be led by activity group leaders and group assistants
- Contribute to Program development and curriculum development
- Maintain a safe treatment environment
- Assist in monitoring and management of resident’s behavior and crisis intervention
- Communicate relevant information to the interdisciplinary team
- Delegate coordinating duties to behavior specialist.
- Participate in behavior/care plan meetings as scheduled
- Assume duties of Director of Behavioral Services during his/her absence
- Knowledgeable and serve as a staff resource for information on behavior profile sheets as well as department policies and procedures.
Richmond Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 300-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the borough of Staten Island. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his/her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Richmond Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1039856