Richmond Center is hiring a Behavioral Specialist in Staten Island, NY.
- Carry out unit specific responsibilities (shift specific)
- Adhere to facility, and behavioral services department policies and procedures
- Communicate, reinforce, and provide assistance for information regarding resident behavioral status or changes to staff.
- Record behavioral data and in an accurate manner regarding all resident (behavior) related forms throughout shift.
- Communicate coverage needs to Behavioral services coordinator regarding sick call-outs and unplanned program changes such as one to one need requiring behavioral specialist
- Communicate all emergency use of restraints to nurse manager/supervisor and Behavioral Services manager on call when Behavioral coordinator is not on. (includes manual hold)
- Provide guidance and structure for groups to be led by activity group leaders and recreation assistants
- Contribute to Program development and curriculum development as requested.
- Maintain a safe treatment environment
- Assist in monitoring and management of resident's behavior plans and crisis intervention.
- Communicate relevant information to the interdisciplinary team
- Participate in behavior/care plan meetings as requested.
- Maintain professional behavior when conflicts arise. Report any issues or conflicts to Program Director or designee.
- High School diploma
- Minimum of one-year experience in a related field or exceptional potential for performance of responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively with other human services professionals.
- Ability to interact professionally and responsibly with facility residents and staff
- Ability to structure own time and work efficiently
- Ability to adjust work schedule and priorities in response to program development, changes in pace, and/or changes in implementation of services
- Ability to manage and perform a demanding routine in a multi-distracting environment
- Ability to work calmly in a crisis situation and intervene as necessary in a manner that maximizes resident and staff safety
Richmond Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 372-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the borough of Staten Island. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his/her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Richmond Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V