Bilingual Cook - Mandarin/Cantonese and English
Bilingual Healthcare Cook- Full Time
Boro Park Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is looking to hire a full time Cook for our skilled nursing facility in Brooklyn, NY. The ideal candidate will be bilingual English/Mandarin and have experience cooking an Asian style menu.
- Preparation, cooking, and service of a variety of foods
- Working on tray line during meal service
- General cleaning up of kitchen
- Hand washing and sanitizing of pot and pans
- Related work as required.
- Certification in healthcare cooking (ServSafe or Sodexo)
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in large-scale cooking
- Asian style cooking is a MUST
- Strong knowledge of large scale & therapeutic food prep
- Must be able to do some physical work
- Must be able to work as a team member
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Must be bilingual in English and Mandarin or Cantonese
Boro Park Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 504-bed rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Facility in the heart of the Boro Park section of Brooklyn. Our warm and nurturing environment allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. We want all residents to leave the Boro Park Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, healthier, happier, and most of all, with the tools to succeed. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence.