Bilingual Licensed Practical Nurse (Clinical Field Supervisions)
Amazing Home Care is actively seeking a motivated and experienced Bilingual (English/Spanish) Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to be the Clinical Field Supervisor of the Home Health Aides for our Home Care located in Bronx, NY.
- To perform nursing procedures where a professional degree of evaluative judgment is required, under the guidance of a Registered Professional Nurse.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs selected nursing procedures on assigned patients by licensure, physician orders, and agency policies and procedures
- Assists with the preparation, implementation and continuing evaluation of the nursing care plan including the home health aide supervision of patient care.
- Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the patient care plan
- Undertakes patient/family teaching for self-care and continuity of care.
- Fosters a cooperative effort among personnel by understanding the functions of other persons.
- Becomes familiar with all resources necessary to provide a complete managed care program for the patient
- Documents accurately and completely in the patients clinical record and prepare oral reports
- Takes professional responsibility for self-protection during required work in potentially hazardous situation ie- handling of injectables, handling of blood and body fluids
- Represents self and the agency professionally and ethically at all times
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures as appropriate
- Participates in scheduled patient care conferences, departmental meetings as requested
- Maintains updated professional knowledge and participates in patient education programs to ensure optimum quality of patient care
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing with a valid and current New York State license and is currently registered as a licensed practical nurse according to Article 139 of the New York State Education Law.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a diverse group of people
- Familiarity with Home Care and DOH regulations preferred
- 4 weeks of PTO and all Legal Holidays
- Travel reimbursements
- Employee Contributed Health and Dental Insurance
Bilingual is a MUST!