Case Manager - Assisted Living
Albany Center for Independent Living is actively seeking Case Manager to work for our Adult Home in Delmar, NY.
- Provide comprehensive social work services to program participants. This includes but is not limited to psychosocial evaluation, assessment for admission, patient’s rights and advocacy, social casework, group and family counseling, as appropriate. Function as a key member of the interdisciplinary team.
- A master’s degree in social work from an accredited college or university; or
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major work in human services or service delivery and one year of full-time experience in the provision of services to a frail adult population: or
- An associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with major work in Human services or service delivery and three years of full-time experience in the provision of services to a frail adult population.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times to meet HIPPA regulations.
- Maintain resident chart per regulations (30-day review, annual review, progress notes, and incident reports).
- Manage, document, and follow up on department QA and incidents.
- Assures all documentation is accurate, timely, and meets all regulatory requirements.
- Maintains required documentation regarding participant care and progress.
- Maintain current knowledge of community resources and new applicable regulations.
- Educate other team members regarding community resources, Medicaid and other social programs, and psychosocial issues related to participant care.
- Counsels and instructs paraprofessional staff in psychosocial and communication issues and assists with difficult family/caregiver conflicts.
- Participate in the development/revision of the Plan of Care as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Assesses participants, family, home environment for areas where social work planning and intervention can be of assistance.
- Presents social work concerns and issues, suggestions for intervention, and recommendations for a revised treatment plan.
- Review significant events/occurrences as related to family, finance, and psychosocial behavior changes with the interdisciplinary team.
- Intervenes in crises, attending to the emergency needs of the participant and/or family relating to illness, disability, deterioration of independence, etc.
- Assists participants/caregivers in making necessary applications for public assistance, housing placement, pre-admission screening, etc.
- Participates in pre-admission screening of candidates referred for admission
- Integrates the social work treatment plan into the overall plan of care developed by the interdisciplinary team.
- Confers with family and participant regarding individual expectations and long and short-term goals, and communicates these expectations to the interdisciplinary team.
- Determines participant and family need related to social support, financial support or counseling, housing appropriateness, and psychological supports.
- Maintain communication with team members to discuss progress and coordinate participant care efforts.
- Assist in the development and implementation of social work policies and procedures in collaboration with other team members and the Quality Assurance lead.
- Monitor financial, social, and medical status of residents.