Case Manager- Focus
Case Manager - Assisted Living Program
Oneida Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is actively seeking a Case Manager for our Assisted Living Facility in Utica, NY. The ideal candidate will have good communication skills and a pleasant demeanor!
- Will act as a liaison between our Residents and the Director of Case Management
- Address Resident concerns which may include; roommate issues, room changes, behavioral problems, etc.
- Help all new Residents in orienting to the Assisted Living Program
- Assist Residents in obtaining SSI/SSD benefits and Access-A-Ride applications & services
- Coordinate medical appointments; including scheduling transportation, insurance eligibility, etc.
- Assist with the documentation necessary for re-admissions from hospitalization or rehabilitation
- Maintain organized incident reports and proper documentation as necessary
- Order durable medical equipment based on physician orders
- Collaborate with the finance office to assist with Medicaid recertification or SSA concerns
- Ensure completion of Mental Health evaluations and coordination of services as needed
- Act as a resident spokesperson when necessary
- Work experience in human services, social services or other related fields strongly preferred
- Proficiency in computer programs such as MS Office & MS Excel
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality customer service
- Excellent written & oral communication skills and great problem-solving skills
- Superior administrative and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Position requires multitasking and efficient time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills are required!
Oneida Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Utica, New York. Our pledge to the community, our residents and staff is to provide post-acute care in a manner that sets the standard of excellence and strives to meet and/or exceed the expectations of our residents, staff, and all we come in contact with. Services at Oneida Center include Skilled Nursing, Respite, Hospice, and Post-acute Rehabilitation and are affiliated with an Assisted Living Program and Adult Day Care. We endeavor to embrace our residents in times of crisis and assist them to leave and/or live here with a sense of well–being, individuality, and independence.