Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Per Diem
Luxor Nursing & Rehabilitation at Millspond is actively hiring Occupational Therapy Assistants to work per- diem for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in St James, NY.
COTA Duties Include:
- COTA's Select therapy activities to fit Residents' needs and capabilities.
- Assist Residents in carrying out daily activities.
- Monitor Residents' performance in therapy activities, providing encouragement.
- Teach Residents how to use special equipment to assist with daily function.
- COTA's Work in collaboration with the OT to establish a rehabilitation plan.
- Supervise Residents’ activities to ensure they are done properly.
- Report the Resident’s progress to the OT.
- Handle administrative/clerical tasks.
COTA Requirements Include:
- A graduate of an accredited OTA Program
- Current New York State OTA License
- Experience in long-term care settings preferred