Chemistry Medical Technologist: Night Shift
Medical Technologist Chemistry
Centers Laboratory of New Jersey is currently searching for a Medical Technologist to work the Night Shift (Monday-Friday 11:00 PM-7:30 AM) for our Laboratory in Cedar Knolls, NJ. The ideal candidate would preferably have chemistry experience.
Under direct supervision performs all aspects of patient care in a laboratory environment that optimizes patient safety. Demonstrates ability to function competently according to established company and departmental policies and procedures. The Medical Laboratory Technologist is responsible for specimen processing, test performance and reporting test results.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each responsibility competently. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibility. Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Conduct analysis of various specimen types to determine presence of normal and abnormal components adhering to the Quality Control policies and documenting all Quality Control activities
- Understand and comply with all company policies/procedures and regulatory standards
- Perform quality control, validations, calibrations and other quality activities to verify performance of clinical assays
- Maintain equipment by performing assigned maintenance activities and troubleshoot unexpected problems with equipment
- Evaluate inventory of supplies and reagents and communicate order needs
- Operate complex equipment and computer programs related to equipment and LIS system
- Maintain records of test results and archives of data
- Assist with proficiency testing and resolutions
- Responsible for the cleanliness and organization of all areas of responsibility
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and immediately notify Laboratory Management if problem is corrected or assistance is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Perform all responsibilities independently with no direct supervision required
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, standards, applications and tests
- Knowledge of medical laboratory safety, cleanliness and infection control policies and regulations
- Knowledge of medical laboratory equipment uses and maintenance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with all HIPAA regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Critical thinking with efficient and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment that promotes inclusiveness and communication among team members.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or related Life Science
Certification and Licensure:
- MT ASCP preferred
- Environmentally controlled laboratory environment
- Fast paced environment with occasional high pressure or emergent situations
- Frequent exposure to body fluids
- Possible exposure to infectious specimens, communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a laboratory environment
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as appropriate such as lab coats, face shields, gloves and masks
- Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team members and other customers
- Frequent standing, walking, grasping, carrying and speaking
- Occasional sitting, reaching, bending and stooping
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed
- Frequent use of computer, keyboard, phone, and copy and fax machine as needed
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20230404183621_IR9HYGHANQVIXMV1