Chief Clinical Dietitian
Chief Clinical Dietitian
Now Offering a $3,000 sign-on bonus!
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Chief Clinical Dietitian provides leadership, support, and guidance to the staff of clinical dietitians who provide medical nutrition therapy and resident satisfaction. Provides current therapeutic diet education to physicians, nursing and food service employees. This position also supports the Director of Nutrition Services in areas of institutional management of food service operations, budgeting, and data reporting.
The CCD is responsible for driving clinical outcomes, mentoring staff, implementing corporate clinical services policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with state and federal laws
Chief Clinical Dietitian implements nutrition plans in order to encourage patients' health and recovery. Must have extensive knowledge of the nutritional field and new developments to provide with the best nutritional plans possible.
Chief clinical dietitians must consider what patients are able to eat and how it coincides with various health restraints. Must have knowledge of specialized diets, to include religious and cultural preferences.
Must be able to examine each patient’s needs individually in order to create customized plans, so patience, people skills, and problem-solving skills are all important for the position. Chief clinical dietitians must work well with other medical staff such as nurses and doctors in order to devise these plans.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Administrator, Director of Nutrition Services
The CCD will be responsible for assessment and evaluation of dietitians within the facility. The CCD will provide routine evaluation and education to dietary team. Evaluation and education include but are not always limited to the areas of; resident care, state and federal surveys, regulatory compliance, staffing and human resource management, MDS and nutrition assessment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Leadership
- Provides information about clinical "best practices" to the Company and Clinical dietary team.
- Works with regional and local clinical staff to establish quarterly and annual performance improvement goals and write quarterly QAPI plans to reach those goals
- Supports and facilitates Company and facility values, practice standards, and ethics policies and procedures.
- Provide training for dietitians regarding Centers policies and standards of best practice.
- Reviews and supports outcomes of Food Satisfaction Surveys
PRACTICE AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS: (But not limited to)
- Clinical Assessments, care plans and MDS
- Participate comprehensive care conference
- Consult on Labor Management
- Participate in food Council and resident Satisfaction Survey
- Clinical Outcomes Measurements and Reporting
- Quality Assurance / Process Improvement [QAPI] Systems
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (But not limited to)
- National registration from the Commission on Dietetic Registration. And Licensure from the NY State Department of Education
- Two years’ experience as a clinical dietitian
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory processes (Federal, and/or State Regulations)