Clinical Nurse Educator (RN)
Clinical Nurse Educator
Centers Health Care is actively seeking to hire a Clinical Nurse (Registered Nurse) Educator for our 3 skilled nursing facilities in Rockland County, NY. The ideal candidate will have the ability to grow and develop a nursing staff.
- Provides oversight of the nursing orientation and mentoring program for all staff.
- Develops, implements and evaluates learner-specific bedside coaching and assessment to determine learner mastery and application of orientation content.
- Develops education programs in response to assessments of staff needs and teaches staff current, evidence-based patient care, and center practices;
- Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability of directing the in-service educational programs.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Develop, evaluate and control the quality of in-service educational programs in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Remain current on new developments by attending professional institutions, reading professional journals and attending professional seminars.
- Assist Facilities in developing the Nurse Aide Training curriculum used by the facility. Submit to the state agency as required.
- Assist in setting standards for department personnel.
- Schedule in-service training programs according to the needs of each Facility
- Review Facility tracking of education/training of employees and assist when necessary
- Assist facility designated educator in scheduling in-services to meet needs of the facility.
- Provide in-servicing and training in the absence of the facility educator
- During facility visit perform rounds to:
- Review clinical issues and monitor/observe to identify care delivery/clinical skills educational needs;
- Identify clinical educational needs of nursing staff;
- Provide education through demonstration and return demonstration for specific skills/procedures.
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation and education for all nursing programs and facilitates the connection with appropriate Area and Corporate nursing resources (e.g., Wound Specialists, etc.)
- Assist facility in Performing annual competency testing and evaluation;
- Other duties as described by the Director of Education and CNO
- The Clinical Nurse Educator must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a current registered nurse (RN) licensure by the State Board of Nursing.
- Master's Degree Preferred. Bachelor's Degree Required.
- A minimum of three years full-time or equivalent nursing experience is required and a minimum of two years of nursing experience in long-term care nursing with one year in a management/administrative or supervisory capacity is preferred.
- Previous experience teaching adults is required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours in order to meet with employees working evening and night shifts.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills????
- Effective and proven management and leadership skills
- Effective and proven education, teaching and training skills for adult learners
- Business acumen
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory processes (Federal, and/or State Regulations)
- Ability to work within a collaborative regional team management environment
- RN Licensed or eligible for RN licensure by the state in which you provide consultative services; compact RN license is helpful