CMA - Certified Medication Aide
Certified Medication Aide
Topeka Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is actively seeking qualified CMA's for immediate hire for our skilled nursing facility. The ideal candidate will have post high school coursework in medical services, or college degree, and have familiarity and true enjoyment from working with the needs of the infirm and the elderly.
Excellent rates and Great Incentive Compensation Plan
Topeka Center offers the following benefits:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program!
- Generous pay rates based on experience
- Extra evening and night shift differentials
- Flexible schedules for Full-Time, Part-Time, or Per-Diem status
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Two-Tiered Insurance Plan: Medical and Dental included!
- Accurately pour and endorse assistance with medication of each individual
- Ensure consistency between the physician prescriptions, blister packs and medications poured for each resident
- Ensure timely and accurate medication orders and medication renewals
- Review medication refill log to compare with medication in storage cabinets
- Review of "no-refill" orders in the refill log and faxing of requests to MDs
- Review of receipt, storage and documentation of medications delivered
- Communicate with the Medication Supervisor to clarify and ensure entitlements, prescriptions, and deliveries
- Maintain medical and medication information on all residents in their designated file
- Report residents who missed or refused medications to supervisor and case management
- Attend all mandatory scheduled in-service training programs
- Must have an active KS CMA license
- Previous experience and/or training as a Medtech is strongly preferred
- Post high school course work in medical services or college degree preferred
- Able to read, write, and communicate clearly in the English language
- Familiar with the needs of the infirm and the elderly
Topeka Center is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in a quiet residential neighborhood in Southwest Topeka, Kansas. A recognized leader in short-term rehab and long-term care, Topeka Center is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We want all residents to leave Topeka Center with dignity and independence. We’re a community of friends, neighbors, and family living life to the fullest. Topeka Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care continuum.