Cook/Chef - Nursing Home
Troy Center is actively looking to hire a motivated and experienced Nursing Home Cook for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Troy, NY.
We Just Raised Our Rates!
- Preparation, cooking, and service of a variety of foods
- Baking a variety of rolls, cookies, cakes, and pies
- Working on tray line during meal service
- General cleaning up of kitchen
- Hand washing and sanitizing of pot and pans
- Other duties as assigned
- Certification in healthcare cooking (ServSafe or Sodexo)
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in large-scale cooking
- Strong knowledge of large scale & therapeutic food prep
- Must be able to do some physical work
- Should be a strong team player
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Will manage Kitchen in absence of food service director
Troy Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is an 80-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the South Troy section of the city, minutes away from the eastern bank of the Hudson River. It’s a homey, welcoming, well-maintained facility, providing a warm and nurturing environment. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier and happier. We want all residents to leave Troy Center with dignity and independence. Troy Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.