Cook - Nursing Home
Nursing Home Cook
Richmond Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is looking to hire a Cook to work full-time for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Staten Island, NY.
- Preparation, cooking, and service of a variety of foods
- Baking a variety of rolls, cookies, cakes, and pies
- Working on tray line during meal service
- General cleaning up of kitchen
- Hand washing and sanitizing of pot and pans
- Related work as required.
- Certification in healthcare cooking (ServSafe or Sodexo)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in large-scale cooking
- Strong knowledge of large scale & therapeutic food prep
- Must be able to do some physical work
- Should be a strong team player
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Will manage Kitchen in absence of food service director
Staten Island, NY
Richmond Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 372-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the borough of Staten Island. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his/her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence.