Centers Laboratory of New Jersey is currently seeking a Cytology Supervisor to work at our Laboratory located in Cedar Knolls, NJ. The ideal candidate will be certified and have prior clinical laboratory experience!
- Performs the scheduling, planning, staffing, and monitoring of workflow based on patient load to meet established goals.
- Procures appropriate supplies and equipment to maximize department efficiency and stays within established budgetary and quality goals including accurate monthly inventory.
- Provides technical oversight of area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a technical resource for problem solving and process improvement to ensure accurate test performance and meets all quality goals. Investigates and documents non-conforming events as necessary.
- Monitor test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agency requirements through maintaining proper documentation, conducting audits, and corrective actions. Troubleshoots and recommends process improvements, as needed.
- Maintains, implements, and ensures compliance with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures implementation of goals to meet established quality assurance, quality control, quality improvement plans and turnaround time.
- Provide orientation, training, and competency assessments to all testing personnel
- Maintain and update departmental standard operating procedures to accurately reflect the current practices.
- Maintain department statistics, ensure cytotechnologist screening competency and ensure remedial actions if needed
- Assists and reviews proficiency testing and resolutions
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problem or immediately notify Laboratory Management.
- Screen ThinPrep cytology slides; not to exceed established workload limits set by the technical supervisor or medical director.
- Screen QC cases, more than 3 years of experience needed by cytotechnologist
- Oversees the cytology processing and prepares ThinPrep specimens, as needed.
- Retrieve previous history and HPV results from LIS system
- Ensure accuracy of reporting by reviewing results before releasing
- Examine cytology specimens for the presence of abnormal cellular changes and pathogens
- Read and interpret a gynecologic pap smear by examining cytology specimens for the presence of abnormal cellular changes and pathogens
- Enter diagnostic interpretation into LIS, verify diagnosis and triage QC and abnormal cases using department protocol
- Maintain workload records of total slides screened/hours worked per 24-hour period
- Participate in a CMS-approved proficiency testing program annually
- Participate in a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education and provide supporting documentation
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20230220184427_GFOTF0NCJWOSQQVG