Desk Nurse LPN - Claremont
Desk Nurse- LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
Claremont Village ALP is seeking an LPN Desk Nurse for our assisted living program in the Bronx, NY. The ideal candidate will have previous desk nurse experience and a positive team player attitude.
- Complies with all NYSDOH regulations.
- Provides leadership and direction to personnel in accordance with organizational/departmental goals
- Ensuring a clean work environment
- Perform regular supervision of Medication technicians
- Order and monitor medications of residents
- Assist residents with taking medications, as outlined in policy manual
- Ensure proper removal of discontinued medications
- Disposing of discontinued medications per facility policies
- Ensure timely and accurate medication orders and medication renewals.
- Review medication refill log to compare with medication in storage cabinets.
- Review of “no-refill” orders in the refill log and requesting orders from MDs.
- Review of receipt, storage and documentation of medications delivered.
- Maintain medical and medication information on all residents in their designated file.
- Attend to all medication related paperwork for admissions/readmissions (example: medications changes, new orders etc.)
- Preforms medication room audits (example: carts and MARS audits)
- Ensure consistency between the physician prescriptions, blister packs and medications poured for each resident.
- Communication with physicians and coordination of physician orders
- Coordinating lab draws for residents as ordered
- Reviewing results and following up with physicians on lab results received
- Ensure monthly weights are taken by the med techs, follow up with the physician accordingly and document
- Intervene in medical/mental health emergencies as needed
- Must hold valid LPN License
- 3-5 years Long Term Care Experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong team player
Claremont Villiage Assisted Living Program is an exciting, brand new state-of-the-art assisted living program featuring luxury living along with a host of services catering to the needs of our senior residents. Offering a great work environment along with an opportunity for growth, come to join our winning team!