Desk Nurse LPN
Desk Nurse- LPN
Delmar Center is seeking a Desk Nurse for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Delmar, NY. The ideal candidate will have previous desk nurse experience and a positive team player attitude.
- Provides advice & support to the Residents and their families
- Ensuring a consistent and effective process for coordination of admissions with appropriate departments and staff.
- Understanding the admissions and discharge process including policy, procedures, pre-admission assessment skills and admission/discharge paperwork requirements.
- Communicating special needs of new admissions to staff to ensure a smooth transition.
- Handling inquiry calls from hospitals, families, etc., and provide appointments that include a presentation, tour and closing.
- Resolves Resident problems & needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies
- Assures quality of care by adhering to Facility philosophies & standards of care
- Maintains Resident confidence by keeping information confidential
- Must hold valid LPN License
- 3-5 years Long Term Care Experience preferred
- Experience Point Click Care is Preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong team player
Delmar Center is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in a quiet residential neighborhood in Delmar, New York, a suburb of Albany. A recognized leader in short-term rehab and long-term care, Delmar Center is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our patients and residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We’re a community of friends, neighbors, and family living life to the fullest. Delmar Center is a proud member of Centers Health Care-the largest post-acute health care network in the Northeast. Delmar Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.