Desk Nurse LPN
Desk Nurse- LPN
Oneida Center is seeking an LPN Desk Nurse for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Utica, NY. The ideal candidate will have previous desk nurse experience and a positive team player attitude.
- Complies with all NYSDOH regulations.
- Provides leadership and direction to personnel in accordance with organizational/departmental goals
- Ensuring a clean work environment
- Perform regular supervision of Medication technicians
- Order and monitor medications of residents
- Assist residents with taking medications, as outlined in policy manual
- Ensure proper removal of discontinued medications
- Disposing of discontinued medications per facility policies
- Ensure timely and accurate medication orders and medication renewals.
- Review medication refill log to compare with medication in storage cabinets.
- Review of "no-refill" orders in the refill log and requesting orders from MDs.
- Review of receipt, storage and documentation of medications delivered.
- Maintain medical and medication information on all residents in their designated file.
- Attend to all medication related paperwork for admissions/readmissions (example: medications changes, new orders etc.)
- Report to administrator / follow up with residents who missed or refused medications
- Preforms medication room audits (example: carts and MARS audits)
- Ensure consistency between the physician prescriptions, blister packs and medications poured for each resident.
- communication with physicians and coordination of physician orders
- coordinating lab draws for residents as ordered
- reviewing results and following up with physicians on lab results received
- ensure monthly weights are taken by the med techs, follow up with the physician accordingly and document
- document results of weights in the residents’ charts
- Intervene in medical/mental health emergencies as needed
- Create and update staffing schedules monthly and as needed in between
- Receive call outs from staff, and appropriately fill the called-out shifts in a timely manor
- Handle all personnel issues in the med room (employee behavior, dereliction of duty, complaints) and report to the Administrator
- Communicate all pertinent shift activity to the Administrator
- Must hold valid LPN License
- 3-5 years Long Term Care Experience preferred
- Experience Point Click Care is Preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong team player