Dietary Supervisor- Part Time
Amsterdam Nursing Home is currently seeking a Part-Time Dietary Supervisor to work for our Skilled Nursing Facility in the heart of New York City. The ideal candidate will have prior Supervisor, nursing home kitchen experience and be able to work weekends.
Multiple Shifts Available!
- Plans, assigns & inspects the work of Food Service Staff
- Schedules and assigns staff, prepares department payroll for data entry
- Supervises the storage & care of food and supplies
- Oversees the cleaning of the kitchen, storage, & dining areas, and equipment
- Checks residents trays for consistency with specified menu and works on tray line at meal times
- Assists cooks with production of meals for service, as required
- Coordinates and plans food preparation activities for special events
- Prior Supervisor experience
- Certification in healthcare cooking (ServSafe or Sodexo)
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work as a team member
With Columbia University and the Cathedral of St. John the Divine among its neighbors, Amsterdam House is located on Amsterdam Avenue at 112 street in New York City. The essence of Amsterdam includes a unique combination of old-world charm, comfortable surroundings, and a state-of-the-art clinical care. Our longstanding tradition of caring is carried out by an exceptional staff who are dedicated to the healing arts, providing each resident with the opportunity to thrive and achieve maximum comfort. Our reputation tells the story of our success. Having consistently earned a 5-star rating from CMS, we are proud to be ranked among the best nursing homes by the US News and World Report.
Equal Opportunity Employer -M/F/D/V