Northern Manor is seeking a Dietary Supervisor for the kitchen in our skilled nursing facility in Nanuet, NY. The ideal candidate will have prior dietary experience in a long term care setting.
DUTIES and REQUIREMENTS:
- Supervises employees engaged in serving food nursing home and in maintaining cleanliness of food service areas and equipment: Trains workers in performance of duties
- Assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency of operations
- Supervises serving of meals
- Inspects kitchen and dining areas and kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards are met
- Keeps records, such as amount and cost of meals served and hours worked by employees
- Requisitions and inspects foodstuffs, supplies, and equipment to maintain stock levels and ensure standards of quality are met
- Prepares work schedules and evaluates work performance of employees
- May direct preparation of foods and beverages
- May assist Dietitian and clinical staff in planning menus
- May interview, select, or hire new employees
- When supervising workers engaged in tray assembly, may be designated Tray-Line Supervisor
Northern Manor has been responding to the health care and lifestyle needs of the senior population since 1981. Our facilities and services include a premier retirement community, assisted living, skilled nursing centers, home care, adult day health centers and community outreach. Northern Manor offers health care and personal services for residents who require help with activities of daily living. Whether a patient is recovering from an accident, illness or surgical procedure, Northern Manor provides quality care to meet the individual needs of every patient. Our focus is on improving quality of life.