Director of Case Management- Assisted Living
Director of Case Management - Assisted Living
Northern Riverview Assisted Living Program is actively seeking a Director of Case Management for our Assisted Living Facility in Haverstraw, NY. The ideal candidate will have post high school coursework in medical services, or college degree, and have familiarity and true enjoyment from working with the needs of the infirm and the elderly.
- Oversee resident concerns which may include; roommate issues, room changes, behavioral problems, etc.
- Help all new residents in orienting to the Community.
- Oversee residents in obtaining SSI/SSD benefits and Access-A-Ride applications & services.
- Oversee medical appointments; including scheduling transportation, insurance eligibility, etc.
- Oversee documentation necessary for re-admissions from hospitalization or rehabilitation.
- Maintain organized incident reports and proper documentation as necessary.
- Order durable medical equipment based on physician orders.
- Collaborate to assist with Medicaid re-certification or SSA concerns.
- Ensure completion of Mental Health evaluations and coordination of services as needed.
- Act as a resident spokesperson when necessary.
- Previous Director experience strongly preferred
- Work experience in human services, social services or other related fields strongly preferred
- Proficiency with computer programs such as MS Office & MS Excel
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality customer service
- Excellent written & oral communication skills and great problem-solving skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize
- Position requires multitasking and efficient time management skills
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills are required
Northern Services Assisted Living is a cozy, friendly community located in the heart of Rockland County. Services include three nutritious meals plus snacks, creative activities and recreational opportunities, and onsite monitoring 24/7. Transportation, housekeeping and laundry, as well as case management, Medication assistance are also part of the program. Give us a call and come by to see us to learn more.