Director of Case Management
Director of Case Management -Adult Day Care Program
Albany Center for Independent Living is actively seeking a Director of Case Management for our Adult Day Care facility in Delmar, NY. The ideal candidate will have strong documentation skills.
- Oversee resident concerns which may include; roommate issues, room changes, behavioral problems, etc.
- Help all new residents in orienting to the Community.
- Oversee residents in obtaining SSI/SSD benefits and Access-A-Ride applications & services.
- Oversee medical appointments; including scheduling transportation, insurance eligibility, etc.
- Oversee documentation necessary for re-admissions from hospitalization or rehabilitation.
- Maintain organized incident reports and proper documentation as necessary.
- Order durable medical equipment based on physician orders.
- Collaborate to assist with Medicaid re-certification or SSA concerns.
- Ensure completion of Mental Health evaluations and coordination of services as needed.
- Act as a resident spokesperson when necessary.
- Previous Director experience strongly preferred
- Work experience in human services, social services or other related fields strongly preferred
- Proficiency with computer programs such as MS Office & MS Excel
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality customer service
- Excellent written & oral communication skills and great problem-solving skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize
- Position requires multitasking and efficient time management skills
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills are required