Director of Housekeeping & Maintenance
Director of Housekeeping
Far Rockaway Center is seeking a Director of Housekeeping & Maintenance for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Far Rockaway, NY. The ideal candidate will have prior Director of Housekeeping experience in a healthcare setting.
- Supervise all personnel in the Housekeeping & Laundry Departments.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness & safety throughout the Facility.
- Plan/coordinate work schedules and assign staff to established work areas & duties.
- Attend & participate in departmental staff meetings, development/training courses.
- Provide individual guidance & motivation to employees.
- Assign equipment to staff; monitor daily equipment use, cleaning & maintenance.
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and in working condition at all times.
- Must have prior housekeeping management experience.
- Minimum a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Course in institutional housekeeping management is preferred.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality & customer service.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills and great problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of budgeting processes, awareness of profit & loss concepts.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Strong stress management and leadership skills required.
Far Rockaway, NY
Far Rockaway Nursing Home is a 100-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Far Rockaway, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence.