Director of Housekeeping
Director of Housekeeping & Laundry
Creekview Nursing and Rehab is seeking a Director of Housekeeping & Laundry for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Rochester, NY. The ideal candidate will have prior Director of Housekeeping experience in a healthcare setting.
- Supervise all personnel in the Housekeeping & Laundry Departments.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness & safety throughout the Facility.
- Plan/coordinate work schedules and assign staff to established work areas & duties.
- Attend & participate in departmental staff meetings, development/training courses.
- Provide individual guidance & motivation to employees.
- Assign equipment to staff; monitor daily equipment use, cleaning & maintenance.
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and in working condition at all times.
- Must have prior housekeeping management experience.
- Minimum a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Course in institutional housekeeping management is preferred.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality & customer service.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills and great problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of budgeting processes, awareness of profit & loss concepts.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Strong stress management and leadership skills required.