Director of Housekeeping
Amsterdam Nursing Home is hiring a Director of Housekeeping in the heart of New York City.
- The Director of Housekeeping is responsible for the effective supervision of all Housekeeping Services to ensure that a high level of cleanliness & safety is maintained.
- The Director is required to hire, train, evaluate & discipline housekeeping staff, develop their work schedules and inspect their work to ensure it meets the facility's cleanliness expectations and complies with infection-control procedures.
- The Director orders supplies, manage a budget and produce reports. He processes invoices and approves employee timesheets. The Director also oversees the facility's lost-and-found department and responds to guest complaints. He reports items in need of repair or maintenance.
- Supervise all staff in the Housekeeping Dept.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness & Safety throughout Facility grounds.
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring process.
- Assign staff to established work areas & duties.
- Plan and coordinate project work.
- Attend and participate in departmental staff meetings, development, and training courses.
- Provide and monitor individual guidance and motivation to employees.
- Assign equipment to staff; monitor daily equipment use, cleaning and maintenance.
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and in working condition at all times.
- Assist housekeepers as needed
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations.
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Ability to function appropriately under stressful conditions. Good stress management skills required.
With Columbia University and the Cathedral of St. John the Divine among its neighbors, Amsterdam House is located on Amsterdam Avenue at 112 street in New York City. The essence of Amsterdam includes a unique combination of old-world charm, comfortable surroundings, and a state of the art clinical care. Our longstanding tradition of caring is carried out by an exceptional staff who are dedicated to the healing arts, providing each resident with the opportunity to thrive and achieve maximum comfort. Our reputation tells the story of our success. Having consistently earned a 5-star rating from CMS, we are proud to be ranked among the best nursing homes by the US News and World Report.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V