Director of Nursing DON / DNS
Director of Nursing Services DON / DNS
Ontario Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is actively seeking an experienced DON / DNS to work for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Canandaigua, NY. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills and prior experience in long-term care!
Excellent Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits Package provided!
- Supervise all nursing staff in the facility
- Development and implementation of nursing policy and procedure
- Overseeing the hiring and continued the employment of nursing staff
- Ensuring there is adequate nursing staff, and that the staff's skills remain current
- Overseeing nursing employee conduct
- Being knowledgeable of incidents at the facility
- Assessing the health needs of each resident
- Current New York State RN license required
- Minimum 5 years experience in long term care
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- Evidence of strong supervision & leadership skills
Ontario Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a long-term care facility that provides the highest possible quality of care and quality of life for all Health Facility residents. The facility provides a versatile nursing home environment that encourages creativity among residents, managers, and staff. In addition to an emphasis on individuality and self-determination, the nursing home is viewed as home as much as a medical institution, with the residents’ psychosocial needs deserving a prominence at least equal to their medical condition. At Ontario Center, we offer a friendly working environment, excellent compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs and more. Ontario Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.