Director of Nursing (DON)
Director of Nursing - DON
Buffalo Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is actively seeking an experienced DON / DNS to work for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Buffalo, NY. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and prior Director of Nursing experience!
Excellent Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits Package provided!
- Supervising all nursing staff in the facility
- Development and implementation of nursing policy and procedure
- Overseeing the hiring and continued employment of nursing staff
- Ensuring there is adequate nursing staff, and that the staff's skills remain current
- Overseeing nursing employee conduct
- Being knowledgeable of incidents at the facility
- Responsible for compliance with all state and federal regulations related to the nursing department
- Assessing the health needs of each resident
- Current New York state RN license required
- Minimum 5 years experience in long term care
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- Evidence of strong supervision & leadership skills
Buffalo Center is a 200-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Buffalo, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life of all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Buffalo Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.