Director of Recreation/Activities
Director of Recreation/Activities
Hope Center is actively looking to hire a full-time Director of Recreation/Activities for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Bronx, NY. The ideal candidate will have prior Activities Director experience in a Long Term Care setting, an upbeat energetic personality, and be tech-savvy.
- Plans a variety of engaging activity programs for all days of the week (including evenings, weekend and holidays)
- Plans activities that are appropriate to the needs of the residents (includes but are not limited to: small and large group programs, individual pursuits, sensory activities, clubs, special interests, spiritual and religious activities, one to one activities, community outings)
- Prepares a monthly calendar of activities that is posted in prominent areas and provided to every resident
- Prepares a monthly staffing schedule that includes evening and weekend and holiday coverage
- Ensures that all documentation requirements are met. (MDS, assessments, care plans)
- Develops a system to record resident participation/attendance
- Participates in morning meetings, department head meetings, care plan meetings, and any other meeting as directed by the facility administrator
- Orders appropriate supplies and equipment for the department
- Plans a monthly resident council meeting (and any other resident committees such as food committee) and is the staff liaison for the resident council president and other resident executive committee members. Takes meeting minutes and ensures that all resident concerns are addressed
- Organizes and coordinates special community outings with resident interests in mind
- Arranges regular entertainment, parties, seasonal programs, and special events
- Plans and coordinates staff events at the request of the administrator
- Ensures that the facility is appropriately decorated as per the holiday/season
- Supervises the volunteer program for the facility
- Coordinates community grassroots programming and serves as facility representative at local events
- Responsible for maintaining a bi-monthly newsletter and maintaining facility social media program
- Adheres to all facilities and corporate policies.
- Must have activities/recreation experience working in a skilled nursing facility.
- Minimum 2 years of age-appropriate experience with 5 years in a full-time activity program
- Must enjoy working with the senior population
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
Hope Center’s mission is to provide the Hope Center community with the finest rehabilitation and skilled nursing services anywhere. Excellence is our goal and good outcomes in recovery and rehabilitation are our daily measures of progress. We will maintain a comfortable, dignified environment where our residents can enjoy an engaged, healthy lifestyle that will be a constant steady source of peace of mind to their families. And we will maintain our residents’ bonds to their community by extending ourselves to our neighbors and to the society we serve. We pledge to be innovative in our processes and procedures and to continually set the standard of excellence among skilled nursing facilities, where residents find their physical, social and spiritual needs met by caring, compassionate people. Hope Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.